Wednesday 13 April 2016

Evaluation Question 2 - How does your media product represent particular social groups?

Who is represented in your magazine?
My magazine represents fans of classic rock music, particularly those aged 16-21, both male and female They are represented in a positive manner, via the use of the images of Gabe. His choice of attire is very classy and visually appealing. This represents the audience as classy individuals who have great taste when it comes to fashion. Also, the fact that Gabe is shown not looking directly at the camera represents my audience as rebels to a certain extent, and it shows that they are the kind of people who want to do things their own way and not conform to conventions. Gabe is seen wearing sunglasses, which creates an element of coolness. This links back to the target audience for my magazine, as they are perceived to be cool due to their taste in classic music as opposed to mainstream music. The quantity of text on the double page spread represents my audience in a positive manner, as it shows that the target audience for the magazine is capable of reading such an amount of text. My audience are represented as young and hip, which is reinforced by the presence of social media links within the magazine. This shows that the magazine can connect to people who fit in my age range of 16-21. On the contents page, an image of my editor is displayed. I selected a black editor in order to enforce the fact that my magazine is suitable for people of all colours.



No comments:

Post a Comment