Thursday 5 November 2015

Magazine Cover Analysis

Masthead:
I chose "Plantsbrook Gossip' (stylised as PLANTSBROOK GOSSIP) as the title of my magazine, because it instantly tells the reader that the magazine revolves around Plantsbrook School. I used the colours red, white, and black, as these three colours are the main colours associated with Plantsbrook.

Logo:
Next to the title I placed the Plantsbrook School logo. I did this to reinforce the fact that the magazine is based on Plantsbrook School, as previously represented by the title. I made the logo roughly the same height as the title, so it looks visually appealing.

Main Image:
I chose a photograph of Plantsbrook as the main image, as it directly links to the focus of the magazine. The photograph features a few students in it, which is good because students are the audience that the magazine is aimed it. When I took the photo, I made sure that the right-hand side of the image contained the main feature (the "Welcome to Plantsbrook School" sign) as this portion of the cover was going to have no cover lines. Although the left hand side still contains a few features under the cover lines, I still felt that this image was very suitable, as the key focus is not blocked.

Images:
I used three other images on my magazine cover, all photos of the new build. I used these images as they link to a very large topic of conversation at school, and people are very interested in any developments being made when it comes to the new building. Using these images will remind the user that things are actually happening, and will leave them wanting to discover more inside the magazine. The three images are placed equidistant from one another, which makes them look very neat. The images all have a thin red border, which I chose based on the fact that it is a colour associated with Plantsbrook, and it creates a barrier that prevents them from blending in with the main image behind them. \

Cover Lines:

No comments:

Post a Comment