Wednesday 11 November 2015

Music Magazine Genres

Music Magazine Genres
  • Pop
  • Rock
  • Hip-hop
  • Grime
  • Indie
  • Classical
  • Dubstep
  • House
  • R&B
Niche Audience

A niche audience is a small group of individuals who share a unique interest. 

The music genre that I am interested in is game music. I show a strong interest in this genre in particular as I am a huge fan of video games. Music can have a large impact on how successful and fun a game is, which is why the soundtrack is such an important element to consider when creating a game. As I tend to play games for a long period of time, the music is something that sticks with me for a long time. An example of this would be Crash Bandicoot on the PS1. Although I haven't played it for years, I can still remember the soundtrack.

Game music originated from the 1970's, when video games started to be come a popular form of entertainment. Old video game music was very simple, and it usually just consisted of a monophonic loop. In 1978, Taito relased the game Space Invaders, which was the first game to use a continuous background soundtrack. The soundtrack used was dynamic and interacted with the player, changing pace as the enemies got closer to the player. In 1980, Namco released Rally-X, which was the first game to contain a continuous melodic soundtrack.

No comments:

Post a Comment